Friday, June 6, 2008

Leadership in Marriage

God is still working in me in preparation for my marriage. I have learnt so much and have seen so much of how I have been brainwashed in the past by the thoughts of the world. I want to do it all God's way.

One of the things I have found is that I am a total control freak. I don't worry about the other part of things but the finances really bother me. I want to control those. I want to balance the cheque book, budget and even be in charge of the investments we make. With his input of course, but only as suggestions. How many know that's a recipe for disaster?

God has really been speaking about it. If I trust my husband and I know that he hears God, then I should be able to trust that he will make good financial decisions and invest wisely for the future. We will be the kind of parents who leave an inheritance for our children's children because listening to God, he will make wise decisions all the way.

I need to trust in my husbands leadership ability. What I need to pray is that he will walk after the Spirit of God. Worry and fear accomplish nothing.

Lord Jesus, I surrender control of my marriage and every aspect of leadership in the marriage. I acknowledge that the husband you give me is the head and the leader in our home. I pray Lord that you will give him a hearing ear and an obedient heart. I pray that he will listen for your voice and walk after the Spirit in every single thing that he does, and in every decision that he makes from this day forward. I pray that your will be done in our lives and marriage. That it be done in our marriage as you have ordained it in heaven. He is the leader, I am the helper and I am grateful for the blessing of my God given role in marriage. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen!

No comments: