Thursday, June 19, 2008

Recruitment

Today I will be very busy recruiting for a new account. I am very excited about it and can't wait to get to it. A while back I had been talking to the Lord about the kind of people that we need to recruit for the business. People who will be loyal, hardworking, excellent in their work, diligent, faithful etc (the list is long). Basically, the people we need to get us to the top! While I was talking to him I heard him say "Don't worry, I will recruit for you!" Of course that threw me off so I asked him where he had ever run a recruitment process before. He pointed me to Judges 7 the story of Gideon. It was he that sifted the men and chose those who would go into the battle with Gideon. The men through whom God would bring about victory for Israel.

Judges 7:4

But the LORD said to Gideon, "There are still too many men. Take them down to the water, and I will sift them for you there. If I say, 'This one shall go with you,' he shall go; but if I say, 'This one shall not go with you,' he shall not go."

I am relying on God to chose those who shall go and those who shall not go. Sift them for me Lord and chose the ones you want.

One of the challenges with this is that there is a tendency in the market place to ensure that you justify all your decisions. Telling my directors "The Lord says that person will cut it" will not fly, I must show evidence from the recruitment process that the person passed the interview. The Lord has already given me the criteria for the person who will go through. I am praying for grace and the courage to overrule some decisions made that may be out of God's will. I'm standing on Provers 3:5-6

"Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths".

You are the chief recruiter in this process Lord. Have your way. Cause me not to look on the outside like man does, but to look at the heart the way you do. May your hand be on me heavily throughout this whole recruitment process. Holy Spirit, Clothe me with yourself. Take possession of me. May all my decisions be the decisions you have already made. I am blessed. I love you Lord and thank you that by this team that you are putting together, you have stooped down to make me great. Exaltation come! In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments: