Wednesday, June 11, 2008

STRONG IN BATTLE, MIGHTY IN WAR

It is so interesting how God says to you “Do not fear” when you are going into battle with the enemy. But it is because you are hid in him. There is nothing to fear. He activates Ps 91 and hides you under his wings so that you only see with your eyes but it does not come near you. The Bible says that our heritage in warfare is that no weapon formed against us shall prevail and every tongue that rises against us we condemn in Jesus name. I want this part of my heritage activated in my life. I sense in the Spirit that I am going into battle and that a storm is brewing. But I am already a conqueror in Christ Jesus. I have never had so much confidence in God to carry me through as I have now. He who promised is faithful to do it.

Ephesians 6:10-18 gives instructions on how to prepare for Battle. It says be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Clothe yourself with Jehovah’s strength and power. Put on the full armor of God and take your stand against the devil's schemes. So he is scheming, strategizing and putting together a battle plan. As he is getting ready to fight me, I too must get ready to engage in war. But who or what I’m I fighting?

Our struggle is not against flesh and blood. It is not the person who is used to bring the war that I am fighting. The battle is against the rulers and authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. It is a spiritual battle and requires spiritual armor so that I will be able to stand my ground when the evil day comes.

a) The belt of truth – His word is the only truth there is. Everything else is a fact, temporary and changeable. I must stand on the truth of God. What he says about the situation or circumstance.

b) Breastplate of righteousness – I must understand that I am the righteousness of God in Christ. That he became sin so that I may become the righteousness of God. I must rely on his righteousness and not my own. Hide in him.

c) Dress my feet with readiness – The readiness that comes from the gospel of peace is a readiness unto obedience in Christ. I must be ready to follow after Christ. I must know that he orders my steps and be ready to go where he tells me to. It is a mine field in the spiritual realm at this time of warfare and I will escape by following and keeping in step with the Spirit of God.

d) Shield of Faith – Standing on the word of God. Knowing that I know, that I know that whatever God has promised me is so. Now!!! Be sure of what I hope for, certain of it, even though I still cannot see it. I must believe it, speak it, confess it and pray my expectation and hope. I must surround myself with what I believe God for. Create vision boards with pictures and verses that fuel my faith and kill any fear.

e) Helmet of Salvation – Let the redeemed of the Lord say so!! Claim all the benefits of redemption. Freedom from sin and sin nature, Freedom from all sickness and disease, freedom from financial struggle and walk in them by faith until they manifest in the physical.

f) The Sword of the Spirit – the word of God. ‘Nuff said!!

g) Pray in the Spirit – Build myself in faith praying in the Holy Spirit with all kinds of prayers and requests.

With this said I must keep alert and keep praying. Philippians 1:27 adds the final touch to it. Lord knows I need this one “Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ…” So help me God!!

No comments: