Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Wing of your garment

I had never thought of this before so when God showed it to me yesterday I was blown away. I guess that is because I am very traditional in my thinking and feel that the man should pursue me. I hold on to that VERY FIERCELY! I want to be pursued. But did you know that Ruth requested marriage from Boaz?

Ruth 3:9 "...I am your servant Ruth," she said. "Spread the corner of your garment over me, since you are a kinsman-redeemer." That was Ruth saying, I really would like for you to marry me. The Lord led me into a strange prayer last night where I prayed those words regarding the person I am currently seeing. "Spread the corner of your garment over me" It blessed my heart.

Then I found this one as well. Ezekiel 16:8

" 'Later I passed by, and when I looked at you and saw that you were old enough for love, I spread the corner of my garment over you and covered your nakedness. I gave you my solemn oath and entered into a covenant with you, declares the Sovereign LORD, and you became mine".


Lord knows I am old enough for love!! It was a love filled night between Jesus and Me!!

No comments: