Sunday, September 5, 2010

Another Dream

Last night was very interesting. I was watching some preaching and nodding off just before midnight and had a very interesting experience. I nodded off and was caught up in a strange dream where everything was shadows and I was in this car that was out of control and drove directly into the shadow of a man. I woke up fearful. I was so sleepy and realized that I had just nodded off. So I said a quick prayer and went right back to nodding off. I immediately went into another dream where there were 3 very beautiful ladies walking very purposefully towards me but their faces were demonic looking. Again I woke up terrified. This time I realized that the enemy was attacking me in my sleep. I grabbed some anointing oil that I keep beside my bed and anointed my forehead, rebuked the enemy and invited the Lord only to project dreams to me in my sleep. I then promptly went back to sleep.

I went into this dream where I was driving on this highway. I was very peaceful, calm and content as I drove. It was a beautiful highway and I was looking for my exit on the right. I got to the first right turn, looked at it and said "No, that's not my exit" then drove on. I was alone on this highway. There were no other cars or pedestrians on it. Looking up ahead I saw on my left a man who looked to have been hit by a car or something. Either way he was lying face down on the side of the road and he was dead. He was wearing a lime green shirt and either jeans or Khaki pants. I looked at him and thought to help but thought it may be dangerous. His shirt glowed strangely. Like it was alive even though he was dead. I slowed down then drove past. As I was driving I thought to myself, "maybe I should call the police" then immediately said to myself "No. I don't want to get involved with that" and kept on driving. Again I saw another turning in front of me to my right and as I came up to it, I realized that this was still not my exit. When I looked ahead of me I realized that the highway stretched out in front of me. I thought to myself "I guess my exit is farther up." Then I woke up.

I woke up knowing that this dream was significant but fearful at the same time. Looking at my watch I realized that it had only been about 20 minutes since I had fallen asleep. It entered my mind that Daniel had called God the interpreter of dreams. So I prayed that God who I was sure had given me this dream would also give me the interpretation. I immediately fell asleep again till morning. When I woke up in the morning God began to interpret the dream to me.

One thing you have to understand is that earlier on in the day God had spoken to me about the calling he has for my life. He has also been speaking to me about destiny and my purpose here on earth. One thing that I have now understood with greater depth is that I must be holy as he is holy so I can present myself before his throne on a daily basis to seek him and to worship him. This is the only way that he can then download to me the pattern for what he has in store for me. The last few days have been days of consecration and asking God to give me a new heart. In the process God has also spoken to me about my future and the changes I need to make. This dream was to clarify some things for me.

I realized that the highway I was traveling on was the highway of holiness. According to the word of the Lord, few travel on the highway of holiness. That is why I did not see anyone on it. It was also why I felt so peaceful, calm and content as I was driving. The car represented my life as I traveled on the highway of holiness and the exits I was looking for where in terms of the business decisions I had been asking God to help me make. I have been wanting to exit employment and focus on the business ideas God has given me but he was telling me that the time to exit was not yet. Isaiah tells us that whether we turn to the left of to the right, we shall hear a voice behind us saying this is the way, walk ye in it. God was telling me that the time to move out of employment to my own business was not yet. God is a God of times and seasons and he does not want you to move prematurely.

Then I asked God about the dead man on the road. He told me that that was the flesh. The flesh must die. I had been talking to God about killing my flesh earlier in the day. On the highway of holiness flesh must die and stay dead. Green is the color of life. Remember that the man was wearing a green shirt that glowed in such a way as to show that it had life in it? Well, that was to signify that if one is not careful as they travel the highway of holiness, the flesh can rise up again to bring about sin. The reason I got a check not to touch the man is because the flesh would have come alive again in me should I have touched that shirt that was alive due to the corruption of the flesh.

Jude vs 23 says "snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh."

Don't we serve an awesome God? In one dream he tells me to stay put, confirms to me that I am walking on the highway of holiness and instructs me to beware of the flesh. No wonder the devil was fighting me tooth and nail before God could give me the dream. I believe that in the spirit realm the enemy had seen the angel of the Lord standing by me getting ready to deliver the message and he was trying to make sure I didn't get it. Well, I have purposed to anoint my head with oil every night and welcome Jehovah to minister to me in dreams and night visions as I sleep. My God is good oooooohhhh!!

No comments: