Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Milk and Honey are Under Your Tongue!

I was praying before I started reading my Bible this morning and just as I was about to say Amen I felt that I was not done yet. So I began to worship the Lord and to pray in tongues. As I was doing so I could see in my minds eye flames on my tongue and a sword that went in and out of my mouth. As if my tongue was a sword going back and forth and a flame or tongue of fire was sitting on it.

James says that the tongue is a fire and like a small spark that can set a forest on fire so is the tongue. James says that the tongue is set on fire by hell and can cause much destruction. Then Isaiah 30:27 describes the tongue of God as a consuming fire. I realized that since we are created in the image of God our tongues also are a consuming fire. Everyone's tongue is a fire. The question becomes, who has lit the fire on your tongue?

This little thing in our mouth can bring both blessing and ruin to our lives. Consider that when the Lord wanted to bring ruin on the wicked he turned their tongues against themselves (Psalm 64:8). It is out of the abundance of the heart that the mouth (tongue) speaks. So when it comes to the tongue the change must start in the heart. As James says, no one can tame the tongue. The only way to get the tongue to fall in line with God's word and way of doing things is to get your heart fixed.

Psalm 39:3 says:

My heart grew hot within me,
and as I meditated, the fire burned;
then I spoke with my tongue:

What you meditate on in your heart fans the flame that lights your tongue so that you speak. Have you ever been really angry about something and you just wanted to tell off the person that had done you wrong but they were not around you? You meditate on what they did or said, you stew up good and the more you dwell on the issue the more the fire burns within you? Then the person shows up and you are just like a volcano waiting to erupt. You spew your hot lava out your mouth faster that they can digest it and they are looking at you all confused because you can't seem to hold back. Well, I've been there. Today God is telling me that if I am to say things that are in line with him and his word always, then I must meditate on this word and marinade it in my heart at all times. That way when I open my mouth to speak, only his word will come out.

Look at this words from Job 33:2-3

2 I am about to open my mouth;
my words are on the tip of my tongue.

3 My words come from an upright heart;
my lips sincerely speak what I know.

When you open your mouth with the words ready at the tip of your tongue, you will speak from your heart and you say what you know!! What do you know? Listen to yourself speak. What is coming out of your mouth is what is in your heart. Whatever is in your heart is what you know. Do you need to change what you know?

If you are a marketplace Christian like me and have been called to take back the Kingdom's resources then you have a land to conquer. God gave Joshua direction on how to conquer the land in Joshua 1:8

8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

The word of God is what you need to know. Read it to yourself out. Meditate and Marinade your heart in it all the time. Practice that word so that it becomes a part of you. Then you will naturally speak it and you will become prosperous and successful. Psalm 73:9 says:

9 Their mouths lay claim to heaven,
and their tongues take possession of the earth.

You posses with your tongue!!! It's no wonder then that the devil would seek to fill your tongue with negative things. With lies, destruction and evil. He knows that the way to take possession is with your tongue. Meditate on this word and let it sink deep into your spirit. Your tongue is your instrument for possessing the earth!!

Proverbs 18:21 says it clearly:

21 The tongue has the power of life and death,
and those who love it will eat its fruit

Don't speak death to that which concerns you, speak life. If your business is struggling find the word of God that speaks prosperity and success to the work of your hands and prophecy to your business before you begin working. If you are employed do the same. Begin to speak life. Tell your business that it shall live and not die according to the word of the Lord. Do you not realize that in Genesis Ch 1 the world was void and dark but the Spirit of the Most High God was hovering over the water, in that darkness just waiting for God to say "Let there be" so he could get busy? It is the same with you. You are made in the image and likeness of God. Begin to say "Let there be" and just like God you will then say "And it was so".

As I'm writing this God is giving me an example for us single people. We are to say:

"Let there be a husband (or wife) in my life for God has said in his word that none shall lack a mate and it is not good for man to be alone. His word has said that two are better than one and that from the beginning God made them two by two. He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor with the Lord. Therefore let the mate God has prepared for me show up in the name of Jesus!!"

Let that word marinade deep in your heart and it will be so.

Now, when I came across this next verse I was blown away. Song of Solomon 4:11 says this:

11 Your lips drop sweetness as the honeycomb, my bride;
milk and honey are under your tongue...

It occurred to me that the Lord had said that he was taking his children to a land flowing with milk and honey. How then was it possible that milk and honey was under my tongue. Why under and not on my tongue? Under the tongue is a storage place. It is a place of hiding. When we were kids and were caught chewing gum in class I remember the teacher would ask you to open your mouth if you said you were not chewing. You would open your mouth and nothing was there. Meanwhile, the piece of gum was under your tongue. If milk and honey are under your tongue it means that the only way to partake of them is to get them from under there and onto your tongue.

If you want to partake of the good of the land, get the milk and honey from under your tongue. Begin to speak what the word of the Lord says about you, your family, the work of your hands and your health. Begin to speak it and you will find that the milk and honey will come from under your tongue so you can partake of it.

No comments: