Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sweet Forgiveness

I thank God for Mahesh Chavda who has written an awesome book on prayer and fasting called "The hidden power of prayer and fasting." In it he talks about the power of a fast to cleanse by bringing to the surface hidden or underlying sin that the person may not even know exists. He gives an example of himself and how at one point he let out an expletive that shocked even him during a fast. He was surprised when the spirit of God, instead of being offended, showed him that he was bringing hidden sin to the surface.

It is as if milk has been put on a fire to boil. When you let it cool the cream forms at the top. That cream represents the hidden sins in your life. The Lord removes that sin as you would remove cream to skim milk then allows it to boil again that he may get more to the surface.

I have had two such incidences in the last 4 days. Boy was I embarrassed! Each time the Lord says "I am exposing some root causes of sin in your life so that we can deal with them." The Lord wants to make sure that those sins never show up again in my life. I think that because of this I am discovering the value of a prolonged fast. These sins have only shown up on day 10 and 13 of my fast. I was of course feeling very guilty as I kept thinking to myself "How can I sin like this when fasting?" But the Lord has ministered grace to me through the book of Zechariah 3.

In this wonderful chapter is Joshua who is a high priest through the calling of God. He stands before the Lord in filthy garments representing his sin. Satan the accuser of brethren has also come to point out just how filthy his garments are and to accuse him before the Lord. Joshua, guilty as sin (pun intended), does not say a word. He is clearly guilty as charged. But the Lord speaks up for him in verse 2 and rebukes the devil:

The LORD said to Satan, "The LORD rebuke you, Satan! The LORD, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebuke you! Is not this man a burning stick snatched from the fire?"

Then he commands that clean rich garments be put on Joshua and that a turban be put on his head. The priestly turban read "Holy to the Lord." He is reinstated to his position of service and authority in God with the command to walk in his ways and keep his requirements. I thank God for this chapter because it speaks also of us who are kings and priests to our God! We also through repentance have been forgiven and reinstated to our positions in God. The accuser of brethren has been rebuked for us. We shall make it in God in Jesus Name! When you fall be encouraged and repent. Ask God to take away the root cause of that sin so that it will never manifest again. You are Holy unto the Lord!!

No comments: