Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Would I?

I keep asking myself, "would I give it all up to follow Christ?" He says:

Mark 10:29-31

29"I tell you the truth," Jesus replied, "no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel 30will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age (homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—and with them, persecutions) and in the age to come, eternal life. 31But many who are first will be last, and the last first."

And then I think of the donkey that Jesus rode on to enter Jerusalem that final time and what he said about it in Mathew 21:3 "3If anyone says anything to you, tell him that the Lord needs them, and he will send them right away."

My mentor often says that he is the donkey that Christ is riding on. I hear Jesus saying "Come away with me Cynthia and if anyone asks you where you are going tell them 'the Lord needs me'"

Last night I had a dream with the picture of Christ entering Jerusalem on the donkey. And I was being instructed in the dream and the person instructing me said "they will welcome him with shouts of El Rei! El Rei!" I could see the words and the spelling was clear. I asked in the dream, "What does El Rei mean?" and the person instructing me said "You will find out." I woke up at some crazy hour of the night and googled those words and this is what I found. El Rei is Portuguese for "The King" interestingly enough the Spanish translation is "El Rey" but that was not what I saw. I clearly saw it spelled with an "i" at the end. I don't know what this dream means but "they shall welcome him with shouts of The King, The King!"

Now please note that I do not speak Spanish or Portuguese and these words were downloaded to me in the spirit. My intellect was absolutely clueless on what they meant until I googled them. How is that for food for thought?!!!

No comments: