Friday, September 10, 2010

Beautiful In Its Time

I woke up this morning with a smile on my face enjoying the fact that the early morning sun was pouring into my apartment. I love sunny mornings! Shortly though, I got in a very strange mood where I began to feel disappointed and discouraged at God. I felt that he was moving too slowly and was not listening to me. Now that I think about it, I must be doing some serious damage to the devils camp for him to give me such an attack. Something must be happening in the heavenlies if that attack is anything to go by. There was a darkness and a heaviness in my heart that I was not understanding. I just kept praying over and over again for God to deliver me and I was really rebuking the devil. Then it hit me that I needed to tell God what I was feeling and so I began to pour out my heart to him. In the middle of all that I said "Now is my time!" and I put in some really crazy demands. You know, when you are busy ranting and raving the Lord just lets you finish then later it dawns on you how ridiculous you sounded!

When I was done the Lord said "Anything I do for you is only beautiful in its time." That hit me hard. It means that if it comes before or after its God ordained time it will cause havoc and not be a blessing. God being the awesome daddy that he is knows this and will not respond to my demands for "Now!" if that is not the right time. So once again I found myself at his feet. Begging forgiveness and laying down my demands, dreams, hopes and desires. All I can say is "let it be unto me according to your word and in your time." I pray for peace and victory in the waiting. I need that more than anything else at this time!!

No comments: