Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ask Of Me...

This morning I am amazed at the goodness of God. That the God of the whole universe, of Galaxies unknown would show up in my bedroom this morning and say:

"Ask what I should do for you in the next 3 months."

Interesting how when you hear something like this you begin to wonder if you are losing it. But out of the blue, God, who can read my mind from thousands of miles away, begins to share places in his word that he encourages his people to ask:

At Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon during the night in a dream, and God said, "Ask for whatever you want me to give you."


Psalm 2:8

Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession.

Zechariah 10:1
Ask the LORD for rain in the springtime;

So it is not strange that God would show up this morning on the 23rd day of my fast which is only 4 days to my birthday to ask such a thing. Speaking of the number 4, I will be 34 in 4 days. The number four is the dalet in hebrew and is depicted by the picture of a door. When I found that out it was quite significant for me because of my age.

Yesterday I fasted within my fast. That is to say that although I have been on a Daniel fast, yesterday I did liquids only from the night of the 21st to yesterday evening. In the afternoon I found myself crying out to God to remove the mystery in his word so that I could understand it. We are often told that God has revealed himself in his word but many times we read the word and come away without revelation of any kind. It is shrouded in mystery and only the Spirit of the Most High God can show you what he is talking about. As I was praying I found myself asking God to remove the veil. I do not want to be among them that see but do not perceive, who hear with their ears but cannot grasp and understand with their hearts. I need to read his word, perceive and grasp and understand God's meaning with my heart.

This morning when he asked me what I wanted, I felt like Herod's daughter after she had danced. She ran to her mother and said "What should I ask for?" And then it entered my heart to ask him to remove the veil. To open the door and let me into himself in the next 3 months. Everything I need is in him. If he can let me into himself I can understand me. I can have a greater sense of direction in this world. My husband and children, my riches and honor and everything else that I need are in him. I am so blessed to know this God.

Then I realized that I will be 34 and 3 is the number of divinity while 4 is depicted by a door. He interpreted it for me to mean that he will open the door into the God head. He will let me into himself and will remove the veil. I am so blessed. I am sitting here amazed and tickled at the same time. Amazed that the God of the universe would draw me deeper into himself and tickled at how awesome it will be to go in deeper. I said to him "Lord, bring me in like you brought Moses" God's testimony of Moses was:

Numbers 12:7-8a

7 But this is not true of my servant Moses;

he is faithful in all my house.

8 With him I speak face to face,

clearly and not in riddles;

he sees the form of the LORD.

34 will be a great year for me and in the next 3 months I believe I will see the mighty outpouring of the goodness of the Lord in my Life.

You can be sure that you will hear all about it on this blog so stay tuned!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And also 3 + 4 is 7.