Thursday, September 2, 2010

They Exchanged The Truth Of God For A Lie

Last night Dr. Wanda Turner preached a most powerful sermon at the Woman of Distinction Convention where she shared from her life. One of the most important and note worthy things she said is that what you are going through may not even be about you. It could be for someone else that you may know how to encourage them or to give them sound godly advice from experience. This morning I began to realize that my single hood was one such situation. How will they know that God can keep a single girl and prosper her without the help of a man, when so many women think of a man as their way out of a bad situation?

Further, I began to inquire of the Lord regarding my preservation. I'm not sure if I have ever shared this before, but I am a Virgin. I have never had sex. And yes, I will be 34 this month. I used to think that I had kept myself because I would say No at all the right times. This morning God showed me that his hand had been on me. That it was he who enabled me to escape the situations that others have faced. How do I explain that no one ever molested me as a child, that I was never raped even when I walked home alone in the dark? How do I explain saying No every single time with my boyfriends and never giving in even when the pressure was intense from him and my body? Or when in my riotous stage of life I went out drinking and clubbing and still came home in one piece? That was the hand of God on my life. I didn't keep myself a virgin. God kept me and I will praise his name forever more.

Funny enough, having made it through all that, I am now faced with a different kind of pressure. Society does not expect a woman of my age who has a great career to still be a virgin. Most people look at me like they can't figure out what I am waiting for. Others point out my age and tell me to hurry up and at least have a baby. The pressure is crazy. Then a few years ago the devil decided to add his own kind of pressure when I developed uterine fibroids and had to undergo uterine surgery. My Doctor looked at me and said I had about 5 years to have a baby or else the fibroids may recur and who knows how that would go? That devil is a liar!!! The pressure to go out and have sex is intense and in some cases the reasons look valid.

But what shall it benefit me to gain the whole world and lose my soul? Would I risk my soul for momentary pleasure or for a baby? When I stand before God what shall I say if I fornicate? No. Nothing is worth my saviors frown. Even if I never have sex or children I will not go against my saviors will. Today, I repented for thinking that I had preserved myself. God alone has preserved me and that for a reason that he will reveal in due time. I told him how people make virgins (especially older ones) feel out of order for refusing to indulge and asked him why it is so. He responded by sending me to Romans 1:25 the first part of that sentence reads as follows:

"They exchanged the truth of God for a lie..."

If you are still a virgin regardless of your age, stay that way until you are married. This is the will of God concerning you. Those who try to urge you into sexual sin have exchanged the truth of God for a lie. Do not join them in their futility. Romans 1: 22 - 32 reads:

22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones (Lesbianism). 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men (Homosexuality), and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done...

32Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

If you have not had sex yet, stay hidden in Christ. If you have already had sex outside of marriage repent and let the Spirit of God give you the strength to abstain. Retain the knowledge of God and the wisdom of God that you may be preserved. Even sex is for destiny and purpose!!

2 comments:

Cee said...

Kenyan girl may the Lord almighty bless you abundantly, thank you for your blog especially this post. You are going through it to be able to give Godly advise to someone else, the message just came at the right time to the right person, thank you.

Please do continue to share the sermons from the Woman of Distinction conference would have loved to attend but as fate would have it, I'm too far...Baraka tele

kenyangal said...

I am blessed!!