Saturday, September 18, 2010

My 3 Fathers

Bless the Lord oh my soul and forget not all his benefits!! I am rejoicing greatly today because I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I see the purpose of this fast. Surely when you seek God on any matter, you will find him. I will talk about what God has done for me at a later date when I can do so freely, but be informed, God is making the path for my feet very clear. I bless his name.

Today I want to talk about fatherhood and some of the things I am discovering along the way. My dad passed away on March 13th this year. As I said at the time, God stepped into that place he held in my heart immediately so that even though I missed dad terribly and grieved his death there was no void in me. I was still complete and whole. There was no emptiness. When we first learnt about dad's diabetes complications I had cried out to God in fear because dad had almost died. I could feel the huge void in me and did not want to have that emptiness. God was gracious and waited until I learnt to make him my true Father before taking dad.

Funny enough, now he has began to show me Fathers in the community who will step in to advice me as a father would. One is my best friend's dad who has so adopted me and indeed my family that he came for my sister's ruracio (ceremony to pay the bride price) after dad died. It was such a comfort to see how God had touched his heart for us and given him a sense of responsibility for the family. Mom was so honored to see him there too. This is the dad to whom I will take my boyfriend for the "daddy interrogation session" I am so blessed to have him.

The other Father that God has given me is Mr. Anthony Wahome of Linksoft Group. This father is the one who advices me on how to do life and business. When I think I am hearing God about something or when I want to make a career change or need business advice this is the Father to go to. He is so godly and such a blessing and I will be working very closely with him in the next season of my life.

Daddy No. 3 is my Pastor Allan Kiuna who I just love to bits. This daddy prays for me, cries for me, seeks God on my behalf. This father teaches me the ways of the Lord, how to walk uprightly before my God. He puts tools for success in my hand and blesses me Sunday after Sunday and other times in between. I love my pastor dearly.

These three men have been put in my path by God and are always ready to hear me if I need to speak. I pursue these fathers diligently because they have been put in place for me by God. I honor and treasure them. See how good God is, even though he has taken away my biological father, out of his death I have received 3 Fathers and Jehovah as well. I am blessed!!

No comments: