Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Asking Amiss

There is a wisdom that God gives you that changes your life and makes you a sign and a wonder to the nations. Jesus had such wisdom. Wisdom that distinguished him at 12 years of age so that the scribes and the pharisees marveled at him (Luke 2:40-52) The Bible declares that Jesus grew and become strong in spirit and filled with wisdom. And the Grace of God was upon him. Verse 46 explains how he got it, I bet that is exactly how we also should read God's word "...sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking questions." The Holy Spirit is our number one teacher. We should read the word, listen to him teach us and ask him questions. Do you ask the Holy Ghost direct questions when you are reading the word? Do you meditate on the word of God or do you just read it like a novel? We need the wisdom of God to direct us in the way we should go at all times. This morning my questions are how can I get more clients? How can I get divine speed? What can I do to improve my bottomline?

God has been speaking to me about changing my mind set. And he spoke to me from James 4:3 "You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures." How many times do I give to someone just so God can give back to me? There is nothing wrong with receiving and indeed we are to expect God to give back to us, but that should not be our primary purpose. We should give them to help their need, to ease their struggle or their pain.

The Lord said, "Why do you want to be the leader in your industry? Is it so that everyone can say how awesome you are?" What is my purpose for wanting more clients? More success? Is it just so I can drive the best and live in the best? That is asking amiss. Humans from living in a fallen world are so messed up. Clean me up Lord. Clean up my motives and my heart. Give me the right reasons to do things and to bless others so I can bring Glory to your name, ease burdens and win souls. My own warfare is accomplished, now let me go out to accomplish the warfare of others in Christ Jesus.

No comments: