Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Workout dynamics

I promised to let you know how I found the “Fat burning for dummies” DVD, so here goes. It is fabulous. You absolutely must try it. It is 50 minutes long but pure joy. I enjoyed it tremendously. The music is really good and you kind of get into groove mode with it. This is my first time doing aerobics so I had to learn the steps first. She takes you through 12 minutes of teaching you the steps which also doubles up as a warm up session and then you go into the “burn the heat” part of the work out. The DVD has chapters to it, which allows you to jump from one section to the next or skip a combo if you like. I like all of it so I do the full 50 min. This morning I found myself moving faster than she was which made me realize I need to start incorporating some of the High intensity moves as well, which I did this morning and enjoyed very much.

I have ordered “Weights for Dummies” which I hope to get today and start using for my lifting, which up until now I have been free styling on. It would be nice to work along with a tape. Since I tossed the scale, my workouts have been more relaxed and fun. I was always so stressed out because I wasn’t losing weight as fast as I would like.

I am finding that the body has rhythms of its own. I have to find my body rhythms and work with them for maximum results. I find that I am abit sluggish in the morning so the fat burning for dummies is great in the AM, but if I want to Tae Bo, which is high intensity, I need to work out in the evening. I’m having a bit of trouble with scheduling my workouts because I want to combine it all, Tae Bo, lifting and aerobics. I will have to update you on that as I learn how my body works. Right now I want to do the aerobics (50 min) in the morning 4 – 5 mornings a week, then Tae Bo (30 Min) 3 evenings a week, and lift (30 Min) 2 evenings a week. I get up at 4 am so a morning workout is great for me and kind of sets the activity/productivity level of my day. So far so good. Will keep you posted.

No comments: