Friday, March 14, 2008

Throw away the scale!

Some things do NOTHING to increase your faith. Sometimes too much information is not good for you at all. I have been in the plateau from hell for the last two weeks. I started lifting weights and what has happened is that I have not registered a downward slide on the scale. However, I have definitely noticed inches lost. So I know that I am doing well, but you know how we get. I want to see the scale move closer to my goal weight of 150lbs. Uuuuuuugggggghhhhhhhh!!!

Right. As usual, the enemy has taken that opportunity to try and discourage me on my perfect weight project by telling me it is not working. Even though I can clearly see that it is!!! I heard Joyce Meyer say on her show yesterday that the devil will come in and try to deceive you. Once you believe the deception it becomes true for you! How terrible! So if I believe that nothing is happening, then nothing will, but if I continue to believe and declare that I have achieved my goal weight, then that will be true for me.

Weight loss is a science. I am using fitday.com to record all my intake and my excercise. As long as I can tell that I am eating right and working out right, I will only weigh myself once a month, and not once a week as I have been doing. That scale is not serving me well at all right now.

In her book "The Secret" Rhonda Byrne talks about how to receive from the Universe (I substitute that with God) and she says all we have to do is appropriate Mathew 21:22 "Whatsoever ye sahll ask in prayer, beliveing, ye shall recieve." and Mark 11:24 "What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." She goes a step further and actually talks about it in the context of weight loss.

Ask - Get clear on the weight you want to be, visualize yourself at that weight and think of it often.

Believe - You must believe you will recieve and that the perfect weight is yours already. Imagine, pretend, act as if, make believe, that the perfect weight is yours. So when you make your confession do it in the present tense. "I am 150lbs" Do not contradict what you have asked for with your thoughts, words, and actions. When I weigh myself, that is what happens. The moment I see the readout, all the contradicting thoughts flood my mind. Rhonda recommends that you don't weigh yourself at all. Make it your intention to look for, admire, and inwardly praise people with your idea of perfect-weight bodies. Feel yourself at your perfect weight.

Receive - Feel good about your body. Praise and bless every square inch of your body. Don't criticize it and dub your belly, arms or thighs "the trouble spot" you have no such areas. You are perfection. Trust me, this is Biblical he says in Song of Solomon 4:7 "Beautiful are you my darling, and there is no flaw in you." Believe the word of the Lord. Think about all the perfect things about you, as you do you are on the frequency of your perfect weight summoning it to you. You are summoning perfection. Focus on your perfect weight, imagine you at your perfect weight, be thankful for it and for perfections sake throw away the scale!

No comments: