Friday, March 7, 2008

HIS PRESENCE

PS 42:1-2 is the only way to describe how I feel about his presence and his glory.

“As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?”

I want his presence. I need him to be so real to me that I carry on a conversation with him all day. That sin does not have a place in my life because He is so real, I can’t get myself to commit sin in his presence. Often I forget that he is there. That his eyes roam to and fro, that nothing is hidden from him. O’ that you were as real to me as I am to myself O’ God! That is the cry of my heart this morning. I want God. I want to know him. I want to be wrapped up in his presence, every inch of my life, every area permeated by his glory. “When shall I come and appear before God?”

Exodus 33-34 is my most challenging scripture right now. God was so real to Moses. He spoke to Him face to face as a man speaks to His friend. If I too have been called a friend of God by virtue of redemption, and God shows no partiality, why is my relationship with God not like this? I want more Lord. I want a deeper relationship with you. I want to speak to you as a man speaks to his friend.

God has said to me “Go up to a land flowing with milk and honey” But I am saying with Moses “If your presence does not go with [me], do not bring [me] up from here”

Why was it so important that the Presence of God, his glory go with the Israelites? Check out the benefits:

 His Favor will be evident (undeniable proof)
 There will be a separation or a distinction between the others and them because of God’s favor over their lives

What does that mean? That the presence carries with it divine favor, divine protection, divine provision, divine healing, divine direction, divine peace and joy, divine abundance every single thing that is in God is in the Presence so you have the best. This meant that even in famine, Israel would continue to have plenty (Ps 37:19, Gen 26), that the supernatural is what operated in their lives always and not the natural. This is evident in their journey through the wilderness, they were supernaturally fed, clothed, their thirst was quenched and they had need of nothing that God did not provide for them.

With the presence of God active in your life, when the economy is in a slump, you will not be in a slump, when others are complaining they can’t get clients, clients will be flocking to your business. When everyone else is broke, every day will be pay day for you. God’s presence dictates the circumstances, not the other way round.

Moses was greedy for God as I’m I. When God told him he would go with Israel he said to Him “Please show me your glory” Ex 33:18. I want to see the glory of God. I want Isaiah 60 to come alive for me and to be a physical thing, a manifestation for me. I want the glory of God to shine in my life like the break of dawn. When the sun comes out and day finally breaks, the darkness is gone and you can see clearly. That is what I want. The light of the sun brings life to everything it touches. How much more the glory of the living God? Come Lord. Come in all your glory and majesty. Come touch my whole life. Every bit of it, every inch of me, Spirit, Soul and Body that I may live and not die. It is the entrance of his glory that paves a road in the wilderness that makes rivers in the desert. The glory of God turns every barren land fruitful and ushers you into the land of Promise. A land flowing with milk and honey.


And see how the Lord answers: “I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before you…” So when you cry “Show me your glory” His goodness passes before you and walks with you. Then Ps 23:6 is fulfilled in your life “surely goodness and mercy shall follow me…” All that pertains to his goodness, all good gifts are ushered into your life. How wonderful is our God?! And he proclaims his name before you. And what happens when he proclaims his name? “Every knee shall bow in heaven, on the earth and under the earth” and “Every tongue confess that He is Lord” So your circumstances must bow. Any opposing spirit must bow. Anything, thought, issue, enemy in your life must bow to his Name. How awesome is that?

And then he goes a step further, he says “Here is a place by Me, and you shall stand on the rock. So it shall be, while My glory passes by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock, and will cover you with my hand while I pass by.” So while his favor is showered on you, and your enemies are vanquished before you, he puts you on a rock. A steady and stable place. An elevated place, a place of promotion. And then He gives you divine protection, covering you with his very own hand. You are hid in the “rock of ages” and covered there by his hand. Hallelujah!

With all this in place, who can but prosper? Who can but succeed? Who can but walk in their destiny?

O’ God of Israel. God of my Fathers Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses. May your presence come with me all through my journey on this earth and may you show me your glory. Do it for me I pray, for you are not a God who shows partiality. If you did it for Moses, you can do it for me. In Jesus name I ask it, Amen!

No comments: