Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Covenant of Fruitfulness

John 15:8 "This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples" God delights in us when we bear much fruit in every area of our lives (and yes, that includes children). Often we go to work, or live our lives without assessing the fruitfulness of what we do. Are you bearing much fruit? Is your presence felt wherever you are by virtue of the fruit you bear? My industry is quite challenging and I found myself in a meeting with my directors saying things that totally violated my sound dynamics teaching. I said "That kind of work is hard to find...We are not competitive in price because our bandwidth costs are too high..." What in the world?!!! The Lord reminded me of those things this morning and said to me "You are not subject to natural rules of business, you are subject to the supernatural" I am to be fruitful in the market whether the conditions are favourable or not!

I can see some of you looking at me funny! Let me explain.

Gen 26:1,12

"Now there was a famine in the land...Isaac planted crops in that land and the same year reaped a hundredfold, because the LORD blessed him"

His fruitfulness was not subject to the conditions for planting. It makes absolutely no sense at all for a guy to plant in a famine. There is no rain, there is not even a cloud, the sun is scorching and here you are planting. That is either total madness, or engaging in covenant. This is what God had said to him before he planted:

Gen 26:3 "Stay in this land for a while, and I will be with you and will bless you" Have you heard the Lord say that to you? Are you in the right place? Then regardless of the conditions stay in the land and God will be with you and will bless you. Now the blessing overrides the physical conditions. It overrides the economic situation, it overrides the fact that your womb is messed up or you don't even have one, it overrides the fact that you don't have a husband, if the Lord says I will bless you here, don't stress out about what you see in the physical the Lord will bring it to pass, yours is to have a word that you can hold on to, and activate covenant with. So how do you activate the covenant of fruitfulness, what is your part?

Josh 1:8 "Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful" You must keep the word in your mouth, confess the word and meditate on it until it becomes your MO. What it says is how you operate.

Ps 1:2-3 "But his delight is in the law of the LORD,and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water,which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers" It is when you delight in the law of the Lord, Keep it in your mouth, meditate on it day and night that prosperity comes. Then you yield your fruit in its season.

Let me help you, we each go through seasons in life. My season is not your season, and my time is not your time. If you are like me, in your thirties and single, that should not be cause for alarm. We all have different seasons. My sister who is 3 years younger than me, has been married 9 years and has 4 children. She just had her tubes tied and the devil took the opportunity to remind me that I was not even married. The one who comes after her, six years my junior, has a soon to be 5 year old and is expecting her second child next month. The devil was dancing a jig and whispering in my ear. He is a liar!!! God cannot do things out of time. He is a perfectionist. When it is time for me to get married, I will get married and not before, and when the time comes for me to have children I will become the mother of many. I totally believe that I am still within God's schedule and that is all that matters. In its season, you will yield the right fruit. Ps 1:6 "For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous"

John 15:4-7
"Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you" So there are two things a) We remain in Christ through salvation and b) His words remain in us. Many of us are in him but his word is not in us. Keep his word in your mouth and in your heart and mind by meditating on it. Then you will ask the Father whatever you wish and it will be given you. Then you will be fruitful and be multiplied.

Summary
To walk in the covenant of fruitfulness I:
a) Remain in Christ
b) His words remain in me - I do this by keeping the word in my mouth (confessing it)and by meditating on that word until it becomes my MO.

No comments: